How to copy / export an existing SSRS report for editing is a common question DBAs get asked. Here is a link that explains this easy process.
If the link is not available, below are the steps to take.
- Open SQL Server Management Studio,
- Log on to the Reporting Services Instance that contains the reports you are looking for
- Browser through the directory structure to the report that needs to be updated
- Right-click the report and choose Edit…
- Now follow the prompts to save the file to a destination of your choice
- Open BIDS & create a new project/solution
- Import the saved .rdl file into your SSRS project.
- Edit your content